Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hmmm ...

The last couple of days have been really dull (I am determined to not use the big D word) and I haven't really been doing much. However, hunger tends to catch up with me (NEVER with him).

July 14th.

Me - Hey, can you cook a Maggi for me, please? Please?
He - Naaah, I don't feel like it.

I was kind of expecting it and decided to overlook it. Didn't say a s.i.n.g.l.e word about it.

July 15th.

Me (clearly, looking for character building stuff) - Hey, can you cook a Maggi for me, please?
He - I am doing {insert-bull-shit}. I need to go to {insert-somewhere} in a few minutes.

I feel smug in a masochistic way and get back to my mindless surfing, sprawled on the bed, with the door locked. A few minutes later -

{Knock on door} Did you want one Maggi?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's aww right? :)
In my case, if the Dude has already said, there is no way he will remember it and do it anyway later. And I have to go the whole mumble-grumble route to make him realise I am bugged! Hmph!

DI said...

That was me , DI, btw! No vclue why it didn't even ask me my credentials :o!

RDX said...

I guess it could be considered aww, at some level (not by me, though!) I usually have to grumble (a LOT) too before he notices I am miffed but he never really rectifies what caused it in the first place. It is almost like - OK, I didn't do what you wanted, you are pissed at me, so we are even. So, I tried the non-mentioning method and it seems to have worked. This time. Hmm.

I have allowed anon comments, that's why you weren't asked for credentials.