Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On July 11th, I crossed a milestone. I completed 9 years of being an aunt. And God knows how much I have evolved as one. I started out as a selfish, I-couldnt-care-less-about-anything-or-anyone-that-is-not-awesome-freaking-me teenager and hopefully, I have come a long way. To celebrate (albeit from a remote location), I made rasgollas, lachedar parathas with Orissa style gobi ki subzi, all of which tasted pretty good. I should technically link to these recipes which were very well-written and helpful but I am too lazy to ask the blog owners for permission and wait for their approval before I can post (I am already a couple of days past 11th, after all). I can always update the post.

****************************************************************************

It's not my intent to hammer the same old dead horse but I must say one more thing about rotis. It is almost as if the universe conspired to prove to the novice roti maker (obviously not the device, in case you are tempted to mention that) that the adage, "Practice makes perfect" may have some meaning after all.

****************************************************************************

Oh, and did you check this out? I thought it was pretty cool. What say? In case this has been making the rounds for a while now and I made a fool of myself by bringing it up now.. well, I have done worse.

2 comments:

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

I think the universe has conspired in my case that practice all you want those rotis will still elude you :( But still I will persevere! Congratulations on the 9 year anniversary :)

RDX said...

So will i :) Thanks!