Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This should have been part of

this post. But, it totally slipped my memory, somewhat like lacunar amnesia, but clearly not quite, since I remembered it again. After I got up on stage and before I walked across to get the degree, I was supposed to hand over a small piece of paper to the class marshal who reads my name off of it. Not that he doesn't have a list himself (thankfully, as I later find out), this is just to help him with the correct pronunciation. So, guess what? I drop the chit of paper. In a fraction of a second, I kick myself hard and try to pick it up. But, it is not within reach. I take a quick decision to ditch it. And, proceed with as much dignity as I could muster. And then completely forget about it, till a while ago. However, right now, I am actually a little proud of the fact that I am not beating myself down about it, which I am (OK fine, anyone is) completely capable of doing. [By the way, does that make me a completely sad person? No, don't answer that one, it is a rhetorical question.] I mean, it could have been worse. I could have tripped over, one of the heels could have come off, dress could have slipped, hair could have come loose... I could go on. Moreover, come what may, when it comes to on-stage blunders, I am never going to beat this* Err... Please, God, please don't prove me wrong on this one.

* I should have linked to the standalone version of the video but this one is just too good!

No comments: